Friday 3 January 2014

Overcoming this Cycle

“What children learn from fear based parenting is that if they don’t surrender control, the most powerful adult in their life will get mad, threaten, withhold love, or hurt them in some way. They learn that in any relationship only ONE person at a time gets to be powerful. And in the end they learn to believe the LIE that drives and protects the cycle of fear, control, punishment, and disconnection in relationships--the lie that we can and should control people.” -Danny Silk


It's not just in parenting. It's in the church. It's in Christian sub culture. It's grotesque manipulation. I read so many parenting books from good, Christian sources. This is the basis. I wish I could do it over again. I would not listen to the experts, I would listen to my conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment